Thursday, February 05, 2009

Deep fried oatmeal prawns

My MIL is good in cooking, the most delicious dish i ate during the stay in KK was deep fried oatmeal prawns. I loved the dish so much, so did Jo. He could finish the whole plate of rice if there's a plate of deep fried oatmeal prawns, and he calls the dish as "bomb meat".
Yesterday, i cooked the "bomb meat" for lunch, but sigh, its taste and its appearance didn't come out as the one which cooked by my MIL. I didn't know why, the oatmeal just couldn't stick on the prawns, i guessed maybe i didn't put the egg white, actually i would put if i could find an egg at that time.
The prawns were not cheap, it charged me RMB50 for about 15 prawns. If in KK, it's just about RM25 for a KILO, the prawn even looks much bigger than the prawn here!

1 comment:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I like this too. Hmmm... I think I'm going to cook this one of these days since I have a bag of prawns in the freezer.