Friday, September 28, 2007

Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery

This post brought to you by Cliffside Malibu.

A friend of mine who had recently given birth to her 2nd child is suffering from post-natal depression. When I visited her, she was in a terrible state – she was drinking alcohol, smoking persistently and she didn’t even want to look at her baby. I never knew post-natal depression could reach such a serious state and I just don’t know how to help her. I just hope she wouldn’t turn suicidal. If she continues to be in depression, it’s not doing her baby or her any good. Her newborn baby needs her. Her hubby is also at a lost and desperately wants to help her get out of her state of depression, no matter how much it’s going to cost.

What I have in mind now is to coax my friend into going into a rehab center for I know that’s the only way she can seek proper treatment and professional counseling to help her overcome her depression and addiction to alcohol and smoking. I don’t know if we have a rehab center here as good as the Cliffside Malibu in Los Angeles, a residential drug rehab, alcohol rehab center and extended care facility for adults suffering from all kinds of addictions including depression and other co-occurring disorders. The Malibu Rehab center is built on a cliff overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean, equipped with modern amenities. One look at the rehab center, one would think it is a holiday resort. The inmates are all treated with respect and luxury and there are many recreational activities offered to them too. I hope I can persuade my friend to seek treatment and I hope her hubby will agree to bring her to the Malibu Rehab center as they are well-known for their high success rate in treating their patients.

1 comment:

south coast recovery said...

I do hope that you can convince your friend and her hubby to seek treatment. Recovery centers plays an important role to the life and family of alcohol and drug victims. It's good that these centers are doing their best to have programs, activities and good environment that will speed up the recovery of each victim.